Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pretty Lobelias



On Monday morning we were out of here by 5:30 am and drove to Lisbon to visit with my mother in the morning.  Then we headed to Fargo to be with my son who requested our presence as the builder of their new house did a walk-through.  It's big, lots of rooms, and will keep them in comfort for many years to come.  I filled our gas tank in Fargo where gas is .30 cheaper than we pay.  Why?  That question gets asked many times here, but we get no satisfaction.

I'm always glad when I have an excuse to go to the state archives library and do a bit of research.  I did so again today and found some good "stuff."  These projects get me in contact with interesting people, both historical and contemporary.  Maybe I've bit off to much to chew but what the heck.  Someone asked me in Fargo yesterday when I plan to retire.  I replied, "I plan to die with a pen in my hand."

It's too hot to get out and mow the grass, but who cares?  I'm staying in with my central air conditioner.  That lets me stay in and read another book that I received from the Bismarck Tribune.  It's a good Western, and it reads well.

 

 
Posted by Picasa