Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day One, Albuquerque, NM

 
I fluttered in here on a flying culvert.  It's the first time in this part of the country for me, and when you look down from the plane's window, it looks very brown, a typical appearance according to the cab driver.  I took this picture of the Sandia Mountains from my hotel window, the seventh floor of the Marriott.  The occasion: a convention of the Western Writers of America, and I'm here because I'm a member.  I also hope to pick up ideas, make contacts, tour Santa Fe tomorrow, and hear some good entertainment.  I hope to write daily, but this place wants a $1.95 an hour to be on the internet. 

Airtime from Bismarck to here can't be much more than 2 1/2 hours, but there's always fooling around in these airports.  My plane was delayed about an hour in Denver.  I don't know much else, and if I think I can afford it, I will blog again in a couple of days.