Saturday, June 16, 2012

The End



Today, Saturday, June 16, the convention ends with an awards banquet.  It will be good to get home, especially since Mary told me on the phone that she made rhubarb pie.  I asked the gentleman above if he was a Mexican military man.  He said, "I beg your pardon, sir, I am a Confederate officer!"  Then he went about showing me all the parts of his uniform.

There are so many prolific, good writers down here that I hope some of it rubs off.  I am inspired and anxious to get home and start researching and writing again.  Of course, there are lots of wannabees like me running around, but then we hope to change that - if I should live so long.

Tomorrow is a long wait for my flight in the evening hours, so I have plenty of time to read and write in my down time.  I'll collect my thoughts and write a summary of my experiences on the next blog which will be Wednesday.  I'm taking a few days off from it.  See you then.
Posted by Picasa