Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Buggies and Blues, # 2

Maybe a bumper sticker or two would fit into a further Buggies and Blues blog entry: If I could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, I would choose alive.

There were so many nice cars at Sunday's event on main street Mandan that I need to show a few more. This one happens to be owned by the man who lives across the street from my father-in-law so I see it occasionally in the driveway getting polished up. If I remember correctly this model gave lots of trouble because of so many electric motors and joints that went into making this top open or close. I don't think any other car maker tried to make one, either.

Studebakers, there were a few running around in the old days. They always had nice styling, but must have been ahead of their time because it didn't stick around. It is one car I would like to see again.
This Cadillac exudes class. Lots of fun got made of finny styling, but they sure seem desirable as a collectible classic. This one really looked pretty!
Some farm tractors sat on display, too. This one The General intrigued me so I went to the internet to find some information. I believe this model was the one listed as having a 17 horsepower Hercules engine, manufactured by the Cleveland Tractor Company and was distributed by Massey-Harris from 1939-41. World War II obviously interfered with further production and they probably converted over to making tanks or jeeps or something.

Bumper Sticker: Without men civilization would last until the oil needed changing.