Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hard of Hearing?

It is fun to pester the wife occasionally. Today as we rode along I tickled her bare arm a time or two just to hear her tell me to stop and that I never listen to her when she says quit. She always says that, that I'm not listening. I never heard her say it. She may have, I don't know.

Ole was telling Sven, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four tousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's perfect." "Really?" answered Sven, "What kind is it?" Ole replied, "Twelve-turdy."

Then there's the elderly gentleman with serious hearing problems who goes to the doctor who fits him with hearing aids that allow him to hear at 100% for the first time in many years. The elderly man goes back in a month for a check-up. The doctor says, "Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again." To which the gentleman replies, "Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times."