Monday, February 14, 2011

February Thaw



The temperatures finally rose around here and we have had thawing. I drove south of town today because of some battery problems with Mary's car and wanted to charge it up again. The camera sat beside me and when I got to the Veteran's Cemetery I noticed things looked differently than when I saw them last. The Christmas wreaths have been removed and the banks of snow have shrunk away from the grave markers. As for the car it took a call to AAA for a boost, and he wriggled on the cable and turned it quite freely. After giving the posts a baking soda cleaning and a good scratching with a steel brush, I had neglected to tighten the positive cable enough. Oh, well, we keep renewing the insurance and this was probably only the second time it's been used.