Friday, August 03, 2012

Olympics


I've been pulling for Michael Phelps to break the total Olympic medal record - plus some if he can get them.  He did it and still has a couple events to get more.  Phelps functions well with his handicap, ADHD, a disability which many don't overcome.  Go, Michael.  And how about that Flying Squirrel, Gabby.  Poetry in motion, I'd say.

I doubt if those badminton teams kicked out of the games have gotten any sympathy from anywhere.  They tried to lose so they would be paired with easier teams as they moved through the brackets.  Apparently it was so obvious that the paid ticket holders started booing.  I can't blame them, they wanted to see some competitive spirit.
........................
A friend sent these observations to me.  They seem appropriate since we have a class reunion Saturday.

Reporters interviewing a 104 year old woman: "And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?"  She replied, "No peer pressure."
-
Know how to prevent sagging?  Just eat til the wrinkles fill out.
-
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
-
These days about half the stuff in my cart says "For fast relief."
-
The Senility Prayer:  Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Posted by Picasa