Saturday, April 02, 2011

Home Again


After spending the past week in Minneapolis, we returned yesterday evening and slept the night away in deep sleep. This morning when I looked out our patio door I spotted this sunrise worthy of a photo. The hill on which our house is situated makes for great viewing of the sunrise and I often admire the beautiful ones. Yesterday we left I-94 near Wendell, MN and cut across to Fairmont, ND. Along that route we noticed lots of old time barns and tall corn silos on the farmsteads. One glaring thing was missing though: fences. There were none. The barns and silos stand as monuments to an older time, something I miss when driving through the countryside. The whole of the Red River Valley is mostly devoid of fences, and it's not until we get back here that fences become commonplace again. More will probably be said about the old days at another time. The sunrise was beautiful !