Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Middle Age?


* If I am middle-aged, does that mean I should expect to be still living when I'm 138 years old?

* I believe in science, therefore releasing Amanda Knox was the right thing to do.

* I just might grow to like Governor Christie of New Jersey. He seems to be a man of his word, when he said he wasn't ready to run for president, he meant it. I'll take another look in 4 years.

* My AARP Bulletin says I can help trim the national debt by skipping the cookies. How? Saving health care costs.

* North Dakota is in third place behind New Hampshire and Montana in beer consumption. Our people drink 29.8 gallons each.I wonder who is drinking my share?

* Mexico says they want tourists back. I'm not about to lose my head to take that chance.


* Ole bought Lena a piano for her birthday. A few weeks later, Sven asked how she was doing with it. "Oh," said Ole, "I had her switch to a clarinet." "How come," asked Lars. "Vell," Ole answered, "because with a clarinet she can't sing."

* I think I went through this phase: "Never retract, never explain, never apologize; get things done and let them howl." Nellie McClung

* Tomorrow morning (Thursday) I will attend one of my favorite events, the book sale at the Bismarck Public Library. I always come away with way too many books.

* We washed windows today. Mary has put her flowers to bed for the winter. Winter is a-comin'!



Posted by Picasa