Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Was Thinking...

I was thinking that...
* Mary sure can grow pretty flowers.
* I don't know the name of any of them.
* I'm glad I got done mowing this morning before it got any hotter.
* I will be surprised when the Repubs/Tea Partiers find someone who can utter two sentences without sticking his/her foot in his/her mouth.
* Mary sure is a good cook.
* A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
* I wish I was back in college studying harder.
* Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
* I wish I had read better literature way back when.
* Mary's eyes sparkle when she gets mad at me.
* The definition of a will is a dead give-away.
* I wish I knew a good Ole and Lena story - wait... here's one:

One night a torrential rain soaked up the countryside and the waters rose several feet. Mrs. Johnson was sitting on her roof with Lena waiting for help. She noticed a cap floating near the house. Then she saw it float far out into the front yard, then float back to the house; it kept floating away from the house, then back towards the house. Her curiosity got the best of her, so she asked, "Lena, do you see dat der cap a floatin' away from da house, den back again?" Lena replied, "Oh yeah, dats my husband Ole; I tole dat lazy such and such he vas gonna cut da grass, come hell or high water."