Saturday, June 04, 2011

250 mm Zoom Lens, Part II


(For some reason I couldn't put three pictures on the same blog entry, still learning...)
We drove south a couple miles from the University of Mary and turned in where the sign said Kimball Bottoms. This is the scene we came upon. A couple of fellows had waded in and were having young man fun catching the carp that floated over the road. They had to be fast; this was not lazy water. From where I stood with the camera the sound of the water passing over the road sounded like a mountain waterfall. And this is just a little backwater creek! I might come back here when the river reaches its crest.



While at Kimball Bottoms, on the east side of the river, I visited with a guy on a motorcycle who told me a good view of the water could be had from near the Veteran's Cemetery, located on the west side. After driving over, I couldn't find a good spot for photos and decided instead to pull into the cemetery. This is a well-maintained site; many of the gravestones still displayed their Memorial Day decorations, and with bird-song filling the air, we found it very peaceful out there.