Saturday, February 17, 2018

Historic Ransom County

I am presently writing a book about people and events in historical Ransom County. As it develops, and from time to time, I will post little snippets of interest under the heading “Ransom County Notes.” Today: General T.E.G. Ransom, the county’s namesake was wounded in each of four battles in the Civil War. General Grant wept upon hearing of young Ransom's death, and General Sherman kept a photograph of General Ransom on the wall of his office 20 years after the war.
Please contact me by email - lynnbueling@bis.midco.net - I’m open to any suggestions of exceptional people or events set in the early days of Ransom County that you think merit inclusion. The archives are dusty, but gems of history wait to be uncovered. I’ve found many.
LikeShow more reactions