Tuesday, October 15, 2013

On the Road to Linton



This was the sign hanging outside the library at Linton last Thursday.  I was invited down there to talk about my book with these others - six of us and about a dozen community members.  That's about what I expected, but it was fun.  Besides, I sold six more copies.  The editor of the paper down there asked if I'd be interested in writing an occasional column for his paper similar to what I'm doing at the Enderlin Independent.  The editor in Enderlin has published half a dozen so far and said she wants more.  After a lifetime of reading history, it's a good outlet for writing.  So I carry on.

Little kids running loose in a store makes storekeepers nervous.  We saw this sign in Sheridan, WY:  Unattended children will be given a strong latte and a kitten.

Mary being under the weather today, I drove to Lisbon alone.  There was quite a bit of business to be done, so I drove in high winds and rain all the way.  It needs to dry up.  Farmers are having trouble harvesting now with the wet fields.