Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Along the Missouri



The copper roofing on this house under construction on the banks of the Missouri River caught my eye as we floated past awhile ago.  I think in a few years the copper color will turn green.  I wonder if I'll be able to see it then.

The writing goes well.  The Independent continues to print my articles, the Emmons County Record will start publishing some, and a query letter I sent off to "Roundup" magazine came back with a positive answer for an article I proposed. And I continue to blurb on this blog.  It all keeps my mind active!  It's hard to find time to eat. (If you believe that, you'll believe anything! :)

 And now today, an editor at the Bismarck Tribune sent me another book to review.  My shelves are bulging (I get to keep the books.)  Some of them aren't too good, but some are stinkers. I'll just weed them out someday.

We're heading for Branson, MO next week.  That is one nice trip.  We ride the bus owned by Farmers Union and will see seven shows.  Everything is arranged for us, show tickets, motels, some meals, etc.  Then six days later we head home again.