Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas

A friend sent me the following, and I thought it good enough to pass on -

There comes a point in your life when you realize:
Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won't anymore...
And who always will.
So don't worry about people from your past,
There's a reason why they didn't make it into your future.

I'm not certain the sentiment fits the Christmas season, but it's good anyway.

I think it's unfortunate that I am always glad when Christmas is over because of the high pressure sales gimmicks that get laid on us by merchants. They convince too many people to buy things they don't need just because it's Christmas so you need to get out and spend. That's what makes the economy work, I understand, but it still gets tiring. Then the day after, Christmas is all but forgotten because sales need to be visited to get the really good deals.

We plan to have a nice Christmas anyway, and I wish the same for anyone who visits this blog post.