Tuesday, July 05, 2011

On the Edge

Yesterday, instead of fighting the huge crowd in Mandan for the 4th, we decided to drive down to the area where Mary was born and raised. She always gets a bit agitated when I tell her it is on the edge of civilization, in the sticks. I guess it's just my nature to tease, but after looking at the pictures I took it makes me wonder -


Where else can you find a scene like this at the mailbox?

Where else can you find it any handier to hop on a stagecoach?

Where else can you gather a tub full of rattlesnakes in half an hour?

Where else can you find a sister-in-law who likes to talk through the leaves? Now this is all a tongue-in-cheek observation. I wasn't born and raised down there so I really can't say. To be more accurate it really is a scenic area, and with the moisture received this year looks very green. My sister-in-law really didn't stay in the leaves for long but graciously invited us inside their home. But still, there are some things ...