Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Used Book Sale Tomorrow


An event scheduled tomorrow at the Bismarck Public Library always gets my attention; however, by looking at the picture I need more books ...? Yes, I'm always on the prowl for a cheap used book. Many of the books in this bookcase have been purchased at used book sales. The Bismarck library runs this huge sale, selling by the pound, twice a year, and the Mandan library runs a big one annually. And I'm always checking out thrift stores, the best one for books being the Seeds of Hope store in downtown Bismarck.

A casual look at the picture might bring the response that that's not so many books. True, but it is only one of my bookcases. A similar one sets beside my easy chair in the living room, another is hidden in a closet in my study, and another in the spare bedroom next door. Mary might want to add hers, too, a big one in her office area. Oh yes, then there's the family history library in a closet upstairs.

Maybe my penchant for buying books can be related to this story of gluttony: "I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I lost two weeks."