Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday PM

Today was a big day of panel discussions. This morning the topic owas The Victorian West: Virtue and Vice. The panelists got right down to the nitty gritty in talking about gambling, prostitution, venereal disease, etc. A great story dealt with a gambler who, when he died, had a baptist, Presbyterian, Jew, and a catholic speak, he wanted to cover the odds.

This afternoon Getting It Right: Writing About Cowboys had several old grizzled old time cowboys who laughed at how many writers have portrayed them and their activities.


Second this afternoon - Black Cowboys in the West dealt with how large Ola presence blacks were in the West. The picture shows the members of this one.

Lastly the discussion centered around the Old Spanish Trail, the least interesting to me.


The second fellow on this picture is known as Cowboy Mike. He possesses the heartiest laugh I've ever heard. I shouldn't have talked to my editor, he gave me two more books to review for Roundup magazine. Now my pile is seven books high. Oh we'll, I guess I asked for it. More tomorrow.

Location:Las Vegas Blvd S,Winchester,United States